November 13 2023 – Heather Petersen
After successfully using your HydraBarrier, HydraSorber, HydraPump, or HydraTarp to protect your property from water damage, it’s crucial to store these products correctly to ensure their longevity and readiness for future use. Proper storage not only extends the life of your products but also ensures they remain reliable and effective for years to come. Here’s your go-to guide on how to care for and store these water control solutions after use.
Storing Your HydraBarrier
The HydraBarrier, an effective solution for controlling and diverting water, is easy to store with the right approach.
1. Cleaning: Rinse your HydraBarrier with clean water to remove any debris or sediment. This is crucial to prevent mold or mildew growth.
2. Drying: Before storing, make sure the HydraBarrier is completely dry. Spread it out in a sunny area or a well-ventilated space to air dry.
3. Folding: Once dry, fold the HydraBarrier neatly. Avoid sharp folds or creases that might damage the material.
4. Storage Location: Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or extreme temperatures, which can degrade the material over time.
Caring for Your HydraSorber
HydraSorbers are excellent for soaking up water, but post-use care is essential. You can generally use your HydraSorber more than once.
1. Drying Out: After use, lay your HydraSorber out flat to dry. This may take some time, especially if it’s fully saturated.
2. Cleaning: If your HydraSorber has been exposed to contaminated water, consider disinfecting it with a mild bleach solution before drying.
3. Storage: Once fully dry, store it in a dry, ventilated space. Avoid damp areas to prevent mold growth.
Maintaining Your HydraPump
Your HydraPump is a mechanical device and requires a bit more care for proper storage.
1. Clean and Dry: After each use, clean the pump of any debris and dry it thoroughly.
2. Check the Seals and Moving Parts: Ensure that the seals are intact and lubricate any moving parts if necessary.
3. Storage Environment: Store your HydraPump in a dry and clean space. Extreme cold or heat can affect its operational efficiency.
Preserving Your HydraTarp
HydraTarps are robust and versatile but need proper care post-use.
1. Cleaning: Wash off any dirt or mud. You can use a mild detergent for stubborn stains.
2. Complete Drying: Ensure the tarp is entirely dry before storage to prevent mildew.
3. Folding: Fold your HydraTarp carefully, avoiding sharp folds that might stress the material.
4. Storage: Keep your HydraTarp in a dry, sheltered place where it’s protected from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures.
Taking the time to properly store your HydraBarrier, HydraSorber, HydraPump, and HydraTarp after use is a small yet significant step towards maintaining their efficacy. By following these tips, you can rest assured that your water control solutions from www.hydrabarrier.com will be ready and in top condition when you need them next. Remember, the longevity of your products is not just about their quality, but also how you care for them after the waters recede.